The Built With Biology Event Planner will assess, conceptualize, implement, and manage Built With Biology’s meetings, conventions, and events, making all arrangements necessary to execute the Company’s desired vision and goals.
- Hires, trains, manages, and schedules event volunteers and support staff.
- Consults with executive management to assess and understand their needs for events; areas of discussion and consultation include staffing, meeting rooms, convention halls, ballrooms, hospitality suites, hotel rooms, catering, signage, programs, music, security, display areas, and other specialized requirements.
- In conjunction with executive management, vets a list of prospective event locations, visits said locations, and provides feedback on the final selection.
- Compiles price lists for services, dates, times, and spaces.
- Ensures that events meet legal, safety, and health requirements and regulations; obtains necessary permits from fire and health departments.
- Coordinates transportation for guests, attendees, speakers, or other parties.
- Coordinates registration process for event participants.
- Manages all administrative duties and details associated with the event including financial operations, distribution of promotional materials, and responding to inquiries.
- Develops and maintains current lists of available venues and services, and pricing options.
- Maintains current knowledge of event planning standards and trends by attending industry seminars, consulting with other professionals, and reading trade publications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Manage on-site staff to ensure scheduling, attendance, roles/responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure daily resource requirements (e.g., event collaterals, food/beverage, etc.) are pre-arranged, distributed, and accounted for in arrears.
- Disseminate and manage post-event surveys for attendees, expo participants, speakers, sponsors, and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist clients with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude.
- Thorough understanding of legal regulations and permits required for events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google G-Suite, and (ideally) Salesforce.com.
Education and Experience:
- At least two years of experience in customer service, retail, event planning, or a related field.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
Information and Application
- This is a full-time role: 40 hours per week.
- Compensation to be determined based upon experience.
- To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity StatementSynBioBeta, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SynBioBeat makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.